ads

Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Grandmother

Left: Grandmother, Right: Her daughter from China, separated since she came to Malaya! Don't they look alike?!


There are thousand of words can't illustrated while they meet up at my uncle's house.


My uncle's family photo without my mother anyway!

She's my grandmother, 90 over years old, still can walk but slowly, good vision and listener.

She's taking care of me since I was born in year 1977 until I've started my primary school standard 1, parents sent me back to home until now!

Basically, she's came from Tong Shan 唐山, China when she was young. Getting married with my grandfather who passed away 30 years ago. She have a daughter staying at China all the while, separated more than 50 years till now, is my mother and uncle's sister -- JIE JIE, but different father! I can said 同母异父的兄姐妹关系! The above photos taken on early this year, this is the second time they meet up, there are a lot to chat while they get together! I curi all these photos from my cousin's blog today, need to say thank her -- Honey, thank you!
Lately, she stayed at my house for almost 10 days on end of September 2008, my uncle need to send her to my mom's house as their maid back to Indonesia to celebrate Hari Raya Puasa, they need my mother and us to help up to taking care of her during this period.

She always told me her old stories while I'm back from work, blaming my uncle and auntie not really taking care of her in a well manner, bla bla bla... I got to tell her not to keep this in her mind and forget it anyway. But, it seems difficult no doubt she is old but she's having a very good memories expecially all the histories she faced before.

While my uncle called that he need to send her back on Thursday night (9/10/2008), I thought wants to keep her stay at my mom's house, but can't! My uncle did offered me that we can pick her if we want too, therefore, I immediately tell him that I will! At the sametime, I've given my grandmother some sundry or junk food she likes, i.e. Woods, 山楂饼, Triflora, Gui Hwa Balm, Handygel and some sweets!

My sister was curious why? May be she doesn't with my grandmother all the while, so she doesn't understand my feeling!
Her birthday coming soon, but I really can't remember, need to ask from my mom and treat her out for makan.

No comments: