ads

Monday, June 22, 2009

CD review?

Since Sandra, Mia Bambina is having sales last week, I've immediately ordered 3 Drybees Pocket Diapers and 1 Kissaluvs Fitted Diaper for my girl.

Tell you, I've fall in love with the fitted diaper as the fabric is so soft and it is so colorful. And of course, the Drybees Pocket Diaper as well.

After checking and looking on my cloth diapers on last Thursday, what I did was I pre-washing 4 diapers into 3 wet pails separately and the 4 GAD one-size inserts in 1 wet pail.

The following day after I reach home, my mother claimed that 8 of these are so difficult to dry especially the fitted diaper. But compare to the 3 KS diapers, it is just nice for me.

Pros:

  • Fit to my girl and not bulky.
  • Last for > 3 hours.
  • Quick dry as compared to the KS diapers and Kissaluvs Fitted Diaper.
  • Since I’m a newbie, I’ve tried once at Parkson, I just packed it to the rubbish bag provided at the nursery room and walk away. How simple?!
  • The leaking problem is less as I just replace a new insert after checking her diaper. Am I correct in what I did?

Cons:

  • All of the CD was hand wash, I just dumped it into the wet pail, wash it on the next morning. Need to spend at least 1 sunny day to dry.

    Remarks:
    Doesn’t look like the traditional diaper in spending half day to dry. Yes, I’m still letting my girl wearing the traditional diaper with a disposable diaper as a cover. Simply remove the cotton from the disposable diaper, pre wash the cover, you can insert your traditional diaper into it. Similar to what you did to the cloth diaper.
  • My girl is a heavy wetter, I’ve yet to try it for night time as the inserts I bought is totally not enough (being used on day time).
  • My girl is a very good diaper remover, she will remove the tabs once in a second. Therefore, I got to wear a pant for her to cover the diaper. T_T

Basically, 4 of these CD + 3 KS CD are not enough, I need to save more money to invest on it!

My hand is quite itchy now, I’m surfing the website to check on the stock and I’m still thinking buy or not to buy?

3 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Poh Ling, first time I read about these. But sounds time saving.
Nice blog you have.
Keep well and have a pleasant week, best regards, Lee.

Bonnie said...

Hey Poh Ling,

I think you should buy more. (Haha, encourage you to shop) Cause you can save more at the end by resale them. And you can always sell with a good price if the CDs is well taken care of. Just my thoughts.

And try invest in good night time diapers (fitted : My Precious Baby, Dream Eze) or pocket diapers but make sure you use the inserts that is suitable for night time like hemp/bamboo insert combo with microfibre insert, so you dont need disposable at night as day time you can still use traditional napkin with cover.

Btw, thanks for droppibg by my blog. =)

Bonnie said...

Oh btw, if your dd is good at remove her diapers, try CD with snaps, it's more difficult to remove by babies. =)