ads

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Kindermusik Trial Class

Backdated Post @ 26 June 2010
 

Wake up early that day and waiting for daddy to send us to Amp Walk.  Guan also joining us to the 'crew'…

We reach there on time, 10 minutes before the class started.

Meet up Siew Yoong for signing in for their reference and no further information was given as she told me through the phone that they will give me further information after the trial class.

While baby sitting on the couch next to Guan, myself and daddy were standing aside cum observing the whole center.  The lobby is quite 'small' and there are 3 studios available.  Studio 1 and 2 are for piano learners and the studio 3 is for kiddos.  Before I walk in Studio 3, I imagined that the studio must be very small.  But I was wrong, it is sufficient enough to fit in 10-15 kiddos / adults and it is full with all kind of music instrument (for kid).

Before my class started, the 1st class of the day is for infant.  There are about 5 babies and mummies joining the group.  While I saw mummies coming out from the studio, I ask baby to standby as I see the kids are q-ing outside but I was wrong two of them are not joining.  While we are removing our shoes, Siew Yoong gave me 2 stickers with our name written on it to be stick on our shirts for Teacher Cheryl recognition.  Daddy is also invited to joining the class as well.  Pity my sister that she is waiting outside alone.

The first activity is squeeze and bounces the ball.  All the toddlers did enjoy as they can playing and bouncing the ball on the floor.

2nd activity is singing Hello song.  Teacher Cheryl will be calling / introducing the student one by one by asking them saying 'Hello'.  When Yvannie's turn, she is telling Teacher her name and waving her hand to Teacher too… it is a good job done by her.

3rd activity, I will need to put Yvannie on my leg, kicking and pushing our leg by following the rhythm, Yvannie is very excited on this activity as well as the other 4 toddlers.

4th activity, teacher will be going round to the kids by bringing along a mic, the kid need to follow the sounds, i.e. buzz and kick.  When Yvannie's turn, she can follow all as what teacher said.  Another good job done!

5th activity, teacher is showing a drum by beating it heavily and softly, Yvannie's is a bit shame on this part, so I have to hold her hand and beating the drum.

6th activity, 2 xylophones (looks like – sorry I cannot recall the name of this instrument).  Teacher is switching on the radio in donkey's sound and singing a donkey song.  She is asking all of us following her beat by clapping on our legs.  After a few rounds of exercise, all the kids are having a chance with the teacher by playing on the xylophones.  While Yvannie's turn, she can follow teacher's song although there are few beats are not following exactly what she have learn earlier, anyway a good job done to Yvannie.

7th activity, 2 clapper distributed to all of us.  Same as no. 6 above but there are new steps to be follow as well.  The funniest part is that to put both of the clappers on top of our head in practicing 'balancing'.  Yvannie keeps on shaking her head after we managed to balance the clappers on her head.

8th activity, a hula hoop distributed to all the toddlers, they will be pushing and walking around the floors.  All of them need to cross by the hula hoop, but Yvannie is not willing to do so.

9th activity, 2 ring distributed by putting it on their wrist and ankle.  We need to follow the song sung by the teacher, shaking, turning around and dancing on the floor.  They did enjoy on this session.

10th activity, all of them need to lie on the floor together with soft music.  But there are 3 of them are getting up on the floor, include Yvannie.

The last activity is to swing our kids high when the song is in a high tune.  They are laughing when swinging them higher.

While all these activities finished, the kids will be running over to Teacher Cheryl for a stamp on their hand.  Yvannie get 2 stamps and she is happily showing me when we reach home.

Overall, it took about 45 minutes to finish the class. 

Tell ya, all of us love Teacher Cheryl's voice, it is definitely soft and suit for teaching babies.  Of course, Siew Yoong is offer me a price of RM305.00 for the balance of 7 classes (as this semester term have completed 8 out of 15, each semester is around 3.5 months); if I register today, I will just need to pay RM270.00 without CD and music instrument.  Siew Yoong briefed me that since the terms had completed half of it, so it is not worth for me to buy the CD and the instrument.  But they are given me a T-Shirt as a free gift, better than nothing.

So you will notice that I've registered this semester (since the price is quite ok for me) and shall start the class officially next Saturday.

 

No comments: